Addressing the nation from the ramparts of the Red Fort for the ninth consecutive time, Mr. Modi offered tributes to a galaxy of freedom fighters, including Mahatma Gandhi, Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, Babasaheb Ambedkar, Veer Savarkar, Bhagat Singh, Jawaharlal Nehru among others. In India, where people are fighting poverty, we need to fight against corruption with all our might. Corruption and nepotism might come in the way of what the country should achieve in the next 25 years, Mr. Modi said. In line with the "Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav" celebrations, Prime Minister Narendra Modi chose to wear a white safa with tricolour stripes and a long trail for his 76th Independence Day look. The August 15 ceremony is particularly significant this year as it marks the 75th anniversary of India's independence, with the government launching a host of exercises to add to the verve around the celebration. Here are the latest updates: 9:04 a.m. PM says 'Azadi ka Amrti Mahotsav' has begun and everybody's effort is required to bring results, calls for 'Team India' PM says 'Azadi ka Amrti Mahotsav' has begun and everybody's effort required to bring results, calls for 'Team India'. "Resolving anew we must begin the Amrit… Read full this story
- Independence Day Speech | Modi is a man in a hurry, can India run with him?
- Lockdown extended till May 3, says PM Modi
- PM Modi extends national lockdown till May 3, next one week crucial in Covid fight
- ‘Talking to CMs, none asked me to lift the lockdown’: PM Modi at all-party meet
- Highlights of PM Modi’s address to the nation
- India has been proactive in stemming spread of coronavirus, says PM Modi
- In one line, PM Modi hints at his stand on conditional lockdown extension
- Coronavirus update- ‘Need time’: Kejriwal explains his Tablighi challenge to PM Modi on lockdown
- Lockdown Extended Till May 3, PM Modi Says Implementation to be Super Strict For Next One Week
- Jaan, Jahan: PM Modi weighs lockdown call
Independence Day speech live | Two big challenges before the country- corruption and nepotism: PM Modi have 334 words, post on www.thehindu.com at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.