Nationalist Congress Party chief Sharad Pawar on Sunday sought the unopposed election of Rutuja Latke, the candidate of the Uddhav Thackeray faction of the Shiv Sena, in the Andheri East Assembly bypoll scheduled for November 3. Rutuja Latke, the wife of Ramesh Latke, whose death necessitated the bypoll, is up against the Bharatiya Janata Party's Murji Patel. Incidentally, October 17 is the last date for withdrawal of nominations. "The term for the new member (MLA) will be just one-and-half years. The bypoll is being held because of the unfortunate death of Ramesh Latke. His wife is contesting the seat. Latke was a corporator and an MLA. His contribution must be taken into consideration," Pawar said. Huge efforts go into fighting bypolls, which is not required when the term is just for around one year, he said, adding that five to six months are spent with the election code of conduct in place. He also hailed the Bombay High Court order directing the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation to accept the resignation of Rutuja Latke so that she could fight the bypoll. It is good the High Court showed proper direction to the concerned authorities, Pawar added. Earlier in the day, Maharashtra Navirman… Read full this story
- 'The problem was you': Furious Labour MPs tear into Jeremy Corbyn over the party's election humiliation as he tries to blame Brexit and the media for catastrophic loss to Boris Johnson's Tories
- Labour manifesto policies 2019: Jeremy Corbyn's general election pledges in full
- 'Let Him Dream': Palestinian FM on Israel's Claim to Move Embassies to Jerusalem
- Israel-Palestinians: How to untie diplomacy's Gordian knot?
- PDP: Trouble looms as pressure mounts on Ekweremadu to quit
- 2019: APC future in Kogi is bleak — Akanle, ex-DSS chief
- The sad fate of southerners in APC
- 'No govt promise will work at this moment in Assam'
- Citizenship law will be implemented, so will be NRC: Nadda after meeting refugees from Afghan
- Special Report: Iran's leader ordered crackdown on unrest - 'Do whatever it takes to end it'
Andheri East Assembly Bypoll: Let Rutuja Latke Be Elected Unopposed, Says Pawar have 328 words, post on www.news18.com at October 16, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.