BORIS Johnson’s allies say he has 100 backers in the Tory leadership race and could mount a stunning comeback bid if he wants. The former Prime Minister is weighing whether to officially launch a second tilt at No10 as tomorrow’s 2pm deadline looms . Earlier he failed to convince underdog rival Penny Mordaunt to drop out and back his pitch. It comes after former Chancellor and earl favourite Rishi Sunak officially announced his bid today. Cabinet minister Chris Heaton-Harris sent a message to Mr Johnson’s supporters today saying: “OK everyone! Some very good news! “Thanks to all your hard work I can confirm we have completed all the paperwork (verified all nominations, with proposer and seconder) to be on the ballot tomorrow. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! More to follow, but thank you!!!!!” It comes after Mr Johnson’s supporters said he will “clearly” join the race to be the next Prime Minister. READ MORE ON UK POLITICS RACE IS ON Rishi Sunak officially joins PM race with Suella Braverman backing POLLING AWAY Allies of BoJo are sharing polling to MPs showing only he can win the Red Wall The ex-Conservative Leader has “learnt from his mistakes” and is keen… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson intervenes over US diplomat's wife: PM telephones Donald Trump to urge he 'reconsiders' decision to give diplomatic immunity woman who fled Britain after hit-and-run crash that left 19-year-old dead
- Boris Johnson urges voters to back his 'oven-ready' Brexit deal as he kicks off the 2019 general election campaign with a MASSIVE 17 point poll lead over Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour Party
- Health Secretary Matt Hancock says he 'entirely trusts' journalist Charlotte Edwardes after she claimed she was 'groped' by Boris Johnson as the PM slams the allegations as 'f***ing untrue'
- Boris Johnson's brother quits Parliament over Brexit impasse as prime minister accuses opposition of ‘cowardly insult to democracy’
- Class war anarchists descend on Boris and Carrie's flat as it emerges she's 'too afraid to return' after anti-Brexit neighbours called police on them and handed row recording to newspaper
- Brexit: Tory MPs warn of entryism threat from Leave.EU supporters
- 'Boris doesn't NEED Nigel': Allies dismiss talk of Brexit general election pact with Farage as former Tory rival Matt Hancock backs him - and even Gove says he 'has what it takes' to be PM
- Tories say Arron Banks' bid to join party has been rejected
- Democratic Senator Gillibrand to launch 2020 White House bid
- Star Citizen's pace of funding has accelerated, and it's powered by new backers
Boris Johnson supporters say he has 100 backers in PM race after ‘asking Penny to drop out’ as Rishi Sunak confirms bid have 416 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 23, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.