On 11 December, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, while addressing an event as part of Kashi Tamil Sangamam on 'Contribution of temples to society and nation building', said that India is working to restore the world's largest Hindu temple site — the Angkor Wat temple complex — in Cambodia. The initiative is not a standalone event; rather, it is a part of the cultural diplomacy practised by the Narendra Modi government. "The cultural diplomacy of the Modi government is focused on creating, rebuilding, and restoring our rich traditions for the benefit of the entire world. This is Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam ," Jaishankar said. He further stated that the Indian civilisation is not limited to India but is spread across various countries. For India to become a civilisational superpower, apart from economic and military might, cultural and trade-related might is equally important, which is often called soft power. South-East Asia, usually called the ASEAN group of countries, is a natural destination to practice soft power. In the words of Joseph Nye, who coined the word 'soft power', this depends on 'its culture (in places where it is attractive to others), its political values (when it lives up to them at home and… Read full this story
- India's Tata Power profit jumps 94.1 per cent on robust energy demand
- India growing rapidly, despite global uncertainties, says PM Modi at Global Investors Meet in Karnataka | India News - Times of India
- India growing rapidly, despite global uncertainties, says PM Modi at Global Investors Meet in Karnataka
- Opinion | India and the G20: Why Presidency Won’t Be a Cakewalk
- SC verdict on EWS: A new chapter in the long saga of the appeasement of India’s most powerful minority
- Dinesh D’Souza: Obama Mobilizes Resentment Toward America To Grow His Power
- Why Is India Rejecting the Taj Mahal?
- Which states are pulling down India's economic growth? This may give you an idea
- Filling in the ASEAN-China comprehensive strategic partnership
- The story of India's digital payment revolution - a public good gone viral
Opinion | India’s Growing Soft Power in ASEAN have 333 words, post on www.news18.com at December 24, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.