Diplomatic envoys visited Kosovo and Serbia on Friday as part of their ongoing efforts to defuse tensions and help secure a reconciliation agreement between the two former war foes. Envoys from the United States, the European Union, France, Germany and Italy first met with Prime Minister Albin Kurti in Kosovo. They later met in Belgrade with President Aleksandar Vucic to discuss possible next steps toward normalising relations between Serbia and Kosovo. Kosovo independence Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008. Serbia, with support from allies Russia and China, has refused to recognise Kosovo's statehood, which is accepted by the US and much of the West. The dispute remains a source of instability in the Balkans amid Moscow’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine. After more than two hours of "long, … not easy, but … very honest, very open" talks with Kurti, EU envoy Miroslav Lajcak said it was too soon to announce any dramatic developments on a proposal presented to Pristina and Belgrade last year. "We had expected better understanding of the opportunities this proposal offers,” said Lajcak, a former foreign minister of Slovakia. “I hope we will get there, to full understanding and full use of the potential of this… Read full this story
- Serbia troops on ‘highest level’ of alert over latest Kosovo tensions
- Kosovo Serbs start dismantling barricades in bid to defuse military tensions
- Serbia pone a sus tropas en la frontera con Kosovo en "alerta máxima de combate"
- Serbs put up new roadblocks as tensions soar in Kosovo
- Tensions escalate in northern Kosovo as more barricades are erected
- Serbia orders ‘full combat readiness’ of its security troops as tensions rise with neighbour Kosovo
- Kosovo Serbs to remove barricades that triggered tensions
- Tensions in Kosovo as Two Serbs, One Minor among Them, Shot, Wounded
- Kosovo shuts border with Serbia amid worst crisis in years
- Serbia stations troops in Kosovo as fears of another European war escalate due to tension
Diplomatic envoys try to resolve Serbia-Kosovo tensions with talks in Pristina and Belgrade have 317 words, post on www.euronews.com at January 21, 2023. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.