Synopsis If Pakistan accepts, Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari would be its first foreign minister to visit India after a gap of nearly 12 years. Pakistan and India have fought three wars since independence from British rule in 1947. The divided Himalayan region of Kashmir was the root cause of two of those wars. India has invited Pakistan ‘s foreign minister to a meeting of the Shanghai Co-operation Organisation ( SCO ) that it is hosting in May, Indian media reported on Wednesday, signalling a possible thaw in relations between the nuclear-armed rivals. The invitation came days after Pakistani Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif called for talks with India over all outstanding issues, including the disputed Kashmir region. Just a month ago, there were street protests in India over comments Pakistan Foreign Minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari made about Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the sidelines of United Nations Security Council meeting. India called Zardari’s comments “uncivilised”. Foreign ministry spokespersons for the two countries did not immediately respond to requests from Reuters for comment on the media reports that Zardari had been invited to the SCO foreign ministers meeting being hosted in Goa. The SCO comprises China, India, Russia, Pakistan and… Read full this story
- India accuses Pakistan of trying to infiltrate terrorists
- Trump Invites Kim Jong-un to Meet Him at the DMZ on Sunday
- Iran’s foreign minister in Pakistan amid tensions with U.S.
- India vs Pakistan: More than just cricket at the World Cup
- Iran's foreign minister warns US 'cannot expect to stay safe'
- US sanctions Iran's Foreign Minister Zarif
- Modi 2.0: Shah meets Modi ahead of swearing-in
- Iran's Defense Minister Compares ‘Trumpism to 'Nazism,’ Says Trump's Policies ‘Seriously Endangered Global Security’
- Analysis: India's Modi faces foreign pressures in 2nd term
- Pakistan vows to punish India for Kashmir move
India invites Pakistan's foreign minister for SCO meeting in May, according to media reports have 290 words, post on economictimes.indiatimes.com at January 25, 2023. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.