(The Jakarta Post) PREMIUM Jakarta ● Thu, January 26 2023 The government is targeting a massive increase in oil and gas exploration this year to boost the country's production and supply, banking on the much improved financial positions of the sector's firms, driven by last year's surge in crude oil prices. The estimated target for exploratory drilling has been increased to 57 wells, almost double the 30 exploratory wells drilled last year and marking steady expansion over the past five years, according to data from the Upstream Oil and Gas Regulatory Task Force (SKK Migas). Meanwhile, exploratory investment is projected to rise to US$1.7 billion in 2023, more than double the $800,000 in realized investments last year. to Read Full Story SUBSCRIBE NOW Starting from IDR 55,500/month Unlimited access to our web and app content e-Post daily digital newspaper No advertisements, no interruptions Privileged access to our events and programs Subscription to our newsletters We accept Register to read 3 premium articles for free Already subscribed? login Or let Google manage your subscription
- OPINION: Budget 2021-22 - Expectations from the Oil & Gas sector
- Oil hits 11-month high after fall in U.S. crude stocks
- '$104bn in stranded asset risk for oil, gas pipelines in India'
- How PIB’ll promote economic growth, ensure transparency in oil, gas sector — Minister, NNPC, FIRS
- Colombia aims to sign 15 oil exploration contracts in 2021
- Make in India boost, oil cess may be halved
- Rosneft seeks to tempt trading houses into Arctic oil project, sources say
- Chinese majors to struggle to extend shale gas boom beyond 2025
- Branded petrol crosses Rs 100-mark in Rajasthan; prices at all-time high across the country
- Oil slips on tightening COVID-19 curbs, especially in China
Indonesia to vastly up oil and gas exploration amid high prices have 274 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 26, 2023. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.