Yerica Lai (The Jakarta Post) PREMIUM Jakarta ● Thu, March 23, 2023 A second legal victory for the Prima Party, which says it has been unfairly denied the opportunity to field candidates for the 2024 general election, has highlighted the shortcomings of the General Elections Commission (KPU) in carrying out administrative procedures and defending its policies, politicians and activists have said. The Election Oversight Agency (Bawaslu) ruled on Monday that the KPU had committed an "administrative violation" in denying the Prima Party's electoral application and that the party would be allowed to resubmit its application to the poll body within 10 days. Bawaslu's decision came after the Central Jakarta District Court sided with the Prima Party in a lawsuit claiming that the KPU had improperly denied it the chance to take part in the 2024 general election. The court ordered the KPU to restart all election processes from scratch, and it set a specific timeframe that effectively pushed the election back from Feb. 14, 2024, to 2025 at the earliest. to Read Full Story SUBSCRIBE NOW Starting from IDR 55,500/month Unlimited access to our web and app content e-Post daily digital newspaper No advertisements, no interruptions Privileged access to… Read full this story
- 'The Wild West': Questions surround Trump legal team payments
- How to Win at Classic Arcade Games
- John McDonnell open to second Scottish independence vote
- Five million votes, two seats: smaller parties demand a change in the rules
- Nigel Farage sets party's sights on Peterborough byelection victory
- How Kara Eastman and Sharice Davids Could Win in Red States
- Recode Daily: Inside the race to hack-proof the Democratic Party
- Oh God, What If The Patriots Win A SEVENTH Title?!
- The Fight to Decriminalize Sex Work Exposes Old Feminist Divides
- The Democratic Party's Tent Is Too Big
Second Prima Party legal win exposes KPU’s shortcomings have 287 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at March 23, 2023. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.