“It’s my joy to cook Vietnamese dishes for my children,” the 48-year-old man said. Pho is Berhausen's favorite dish, and he learned how to cook it eight years ago. Berhausen is a mechanical engineer in the city of Mainz, Germany. He married a Vietnamese woman 23 years ago but divorced after nearly 15 years together. He currently lives with his two children. Jens Berhausen makes Vietnamese bun cha for his kids. Photo by Jens Berhausen Berhausen said he had been to Vietnam three times and was really impressed with the culinary culture of his ex-wife’s home country. He had spent time enjoying Vietnamese dishes in different regions, from pho in Hanoi, crab noodles in Hai Phong, fish noodles in Nha Trang, and to banh mi in Saigon. “Each region has its own culinary specialty. I am fascinated by the taste and the preparation of each Vietnamese dish,” Berhausen said. Berhausen spent a lot of time at Vietnamese restaurants trying to learn how to cook pho. He also watched dozens of videos online and tried different recipes. “It took me 10 tries to cook pho like I’ve eaten in Vietnam,” he said. Berhausen described his recipe of beef pho as usually… Read full this story
- Meals for Moms: 25 Brooklyn mothers cook, deliver food to each other
- Mary Berry reveals the food trends she isn't a fan of – and the one she thinks should make a revival
- Ex-cons become good cooks - and great dads - through class
- Eat 'em up! Our three new food blogs: Mothership Meals, Full Plate and The Wine Explorer
- Five stars for Park Slope's Bricolage as Vietnamese gastropub takes the basics to a new level
- SOMEONE'S COOKIN' - DAD! NYC father fires up guys to go beyond the grill.
- Eat the Street: Summer Avenue a near endless source of lip-smackin' good food
- LUCKYRICE Asian Food Festival kicks up the flavor all across the city
- A Father's Day feast for dad
- The 'Food maven' reveals his favorite Jewish eats
German dad cooks Vietnamese food for his children have 325 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 18, 2023. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.