Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin The tulips are out, by the millions, all over the world, in all colors imaginable, some bi-color or tri-color, in stripes, curly, double- or single-petaled, heralding spring with their vibrant shades. Tulips are so varied, available, neat, beautiful and cheap — here, in European supermarkets, a dozen costs around €2,50; rarely more than 40 or 50 cents for a nice tulip bulb — that some horticulturists believe tulips are grabbing the #1 spot from the perennial rose as the most popular flower in the world. MORE FROM FORBES A Blockbuster Vermeer Exhibition Worth A Trip To Amsterdam By Cecilia Rodriguez What they surpass for sure and by far are the orchids, hyacinths and narcises that also appear among the most-sold flowers in Europe. Furthering their appeal, they lack the connotations of romance or grief attached to other flowers. "Their brilliant bursts are interesting, attractive and offer an explosion of color," horticulturalist and historian Abra Lee told columnist Mona Chalabi in The Guardian . "While other blooms like daffodils and cherry blossoms offer a quiet and subtle awakening to spring, tulips arrive in grand fashion, are bold and shake the table, and are here to… Read full this story
- Crypto World Is Rocked as World’s Largest Exchange Rescues Rival
- Inside the murky world of China’s resource-backed loans
- For a Chef Beloved by the Art and Fashion Worlds, Flowers Make a Main Course
- World shares lower, led by 3.7% drop in Hong Kong
- How Indie Games are Revolutionizing the Gaming World
- 10 Toys That Became Million-dollar Franchises
- Jessica Alba, 41, is blooming beautiful in exquisitely embellished flower petal gown
- Sleepy Corner of U.K.’s Pension Industry Forced the Bank of England’s Hand
- Why Is Mexico’s President Lopez Obrador So Popular?
- Five times Shigeru Miyamoto changed the gaming industry
Tulip Mania And The Multimillion- Dollar Industry Behind The World’s Popular Flower have 293 words, post on www.forbes.com at April 16, 2023. This is cached page on Vietnam Art News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.